Sunday, January 13, 2008

A New ".com" For Me?

Eve from Apple 4 Today suggested to me that I should move on to a .com domain together with her. Well, as I am still a noob in this bloggity blogging world, a new "dot com" can really bring a new meaning and perhaps a new level of blogging life for me.

What do you guys think about My Passion, My Life turning into a dot com domain?
Is it healthy progress or it is better to stay in this free server?

Do I have to fork out money for something I may or may not need? Is it neccessary for me to do this?

A thousand and one questions popped out in my mind this few days.

and the most troubling of all... is that what name should I put in my new dot com???

Suggestions from my dear readers are the most important. So guys, drop me a line ya!

1. MyPassionMyLife.com - Keepin' my current blog title?
2. desmondtan85.com - staying the same name as my current blogspot account.
3. desmond-t.com - suggestion by Eve

Guys, fill it up yea!!!

By the way, since I am still new into this .com world, could anyone guide me to find the most affordable server package for me too?

p/s too bad for me, both desmond.com and desmondtan.com has already being taken long time ago!

[get this widget]

13 people crapped nia? Gimme more!:

Choon Beng said...

dot com is of cos a healthy progress for you and your blog...

i suggest u take ur own name as domain name...

very typical!

5 zamrud said...

i tot u blog for fun oni...now wana pay for your own domain d.

wow!

now u're getting serious for blogging..how about making it telor.com!!!

muahahaha wakakakaka

Jessie said...

You can try Exabytes. I heard it is quite affordable and efficient.

Many people own their own dot com nowadays...never too late to have one though

Azurri said...

try des-passion.com

can?? then u must link me in your site ya

SilverIsle said...

des.com? Hehe.

For me, although I've been offered a free domain once. But due to the fact that I'm not fully familiarize with all this, so I decided to not take up the offer and stick with Blogger. So far it offers me everything I want, so I have no plans for getting an own domain yet. Hehe. The choice is yours! =)

Eve said...

des-t.com ?

where's ur sexy blog?

CS said...

either one is find... but for own domain, there are few thing u might need to consider....

they are 2 way to get own domain.. with or without web hosting.....

If you solely wanted to get a domain and wanted to hock to ur blog right now... there is nothign much u need to do... just buy a domain for 0.99USD from yahoo for the first year... or any malaysian company for RM55.00....


If you wanted to migrate with web hosting... then there are tones of thing u need to do..... much more then u can imagine....

CS said...

ops.. one more thing... self domain will help to get more opps in ppp, smorty or sponsored reviews... they like own domain...

which mean u can get more $$$...

CS said...

hey .. u there....

lets chat.... at dalone77 at hotmail.com ok..

better type this way ... getting rid of the stupid spam mail...

i am too much for it..

Pookyma.Com said...

Be a Dot Com just like me!!!haahah

I fork out some cash...but worth the fun lar...but damn it...the hosting gonna expire soon..hahha

angchoonseong said...

not sure berbaloi or not la but to me definitely go makan better spend la anyway.

Put la..www.gims.com
hahah

tulipspeaks said...

the choice would be urs, but i suggest sumthing short, simpe n relevant to ur blog.

like mine.. tulipspeaks.com :P

ammu.

CY said...

I vote for desmond-t.com! :)