Sunday, February 26, 2006

Poor Marketing Strategy

Date occured: 24th Feb 2005
Venue : the photocopy shop just below my room
Price : 10 cents per page - for less than 15pages
5 cents per page - otherwise

So happened when i was photostating my manufacturing slides for me fellow coursemates...
Without noticing the price list tagged on the doorway, i straightaway asked the person in charge to hand me a copy of my slides...
All i have wif me is just 10 pages of slides= meaning me having to pay RM1 for it...

HAHA just as i'm waiting for it to be copied, just as i'm pulling out my wallet, this thought came to me...

OMG wat's this? if i photocopy 10 pages for RM1, it is exactly the same as i photocpoy 2 sets (20pages) rite? i stil nid to pay only RM1 rite?i might as well giv the other copy to other ppl or just take it as rough paper, c'mon i've got nth to lose! (pathetic uni student rite? LOLZ)

Hence right after he asked me RM1 for the service, i directly requested for another copy...( smiling cheekily at the side)...

Guess wat...he asked RM2 from me...
NAh...his marketing strategy has just ruined his business!!as i was scratching my head dumbly, he explained "betul lah, satu copy seringgit, dua copy untuk dua ringgit la"

KNN!!! this fella is trying to cheat me or acting stupid? instead of me cheating him, he tried to cheat me!! wtf!
i told him "Bukan 20 muka surat untuk satu Ringgit?"

he said, "tadi kata satu set aje,..."oh gosh, he as got no brains or it's just da size of a peanut?u ain't issuing me any receipts and u said it's a deal done? tahi lembu!! BULLSHIT!
realizing his serious fault, he said "ohya ohya, betul betul...20 mukasurat aje...ok seringgit!! terima kasih"

Walking off soon after that...i guess he must be thinking deep about his marketing strategy...
my comment is this photocopy service shud make it clear about the pricing list...
A good strategy would be to reduce the price gradually and accordingly like 10 cents per page (<15pages) then 8 cents (da next 10 pages) and so on...(this is freaking expensive though!)

Anyway, it's good to have this type of businessman who is easily deceived haha lower cost makes everyone happy lolz

[get this widget]

6 people crapped nia? Gimme more!:

sue said...

sometimes I really doubt their "zhou sang yee" skill. I got some story when I free I tell u la ..
but from wat it seems, it's quite easy to deceive them lor (at times). just say something w your confident voice, and no matter how wrong your words are, they will still believe you ..

Chris said...

hehe... dai lou... i xerox for 3 cents per copy nia at mah uni, regardless of how many pages.. lolzz!!! bleh!! heh.. bleh bleh!!

kshern said...

that's freaking expensive! and the marketing is truly flawed...lolz!

Wan Yean said...

wastala brother. hahaha that guy must be driven nuts by what u did bro! hahaha freaking funny..

Jason said...

hahaha, this is hillarious. Do it more often. LOLz

Eve said...

Des is evil